Round 2 arrangements 2011
The following are just the arrangements. For the results and some pictures, click here.
- Round 2 is a residential weekend for the sixteen competitors selected on the basis of Round 1 (Advanced level).
- When and where?
- In Edinburgh
- From early evening Friday 25th to lunchtime on Sunday 27th March.
- Cost: The weekend is completely free (and comes courtesy of the University of Edinburgh, to whom we’re very grateful). We offer travel bursaries to those who need them. (As a guide, in 2010 only one student did need a bursary.)
- Accommodation: The entire event will take place in a conference facility run by the University, with bed and breakfast in Masson House and meetings and other meals in the John McIntyre Conference Centre nearby.
- Participants will have separate en suite bedrooms.
- Two tutors will be in residence with them, and will take responsibility for their well-being.
- Please notify us as soon as possible of any dietary requirements.
- Travel: We assume that students will make their own travel arrangements, but
- We will meet them when they arrive in Edinburgh.
- Most students will be traveling from a small number of places in the South of England (shame on the North!), so we’ll be happy to coordinate their arrangements by suggesting particular trains or planes, or even making block reservations so that they travel together.
- Tutors: There will be three tutors, all of whom are CRB-checked for working with young people. Two of them (Neil Sheldon and Graeme Trousdale) acted as tutors last year, with one new tutor: Lynn Clark.
- Activities: The programme will be announced later, but will include the following:
- A welcome evening on Friday.
- A full day of training activities, individually and in groups, on Saturday.
- The test for selecting four for the UK team on Sunday morning.