Arrangements for 2013
Please check the general arrangements page for information that doesn’t change from year to year. The information below is just for 2013.
Date: Feb 4-8. You can arrange your competition at any time during this week, but you must make sure you have time:
- to scan the Advanced scripts in time to send them to us (details to follow) before we release the answers and mark sheet on the evening of Friday Feb 8.
- to print the test papers (at all levels) which will be available from the evening of Thursday Jan 31.
Notifying us how many candidates you expect to enter in 2013: click here.
Sending us your results for the Foundation and Intermediate tests that you marked: by 18 March.
Click here (NB no longer password protected) to download:
- the spreadsheet for entering names (and, eventually, marks).
- the test papers for all levels.
- the solutions and marking schemes for all levels.
- the template for the participation certificate for Foundation and Intermediate levels.
Results of Round 1: click here.
A statistical report on Round 1: click here.
Date and place: 22-24 March at St Mary’s University College, Twickenham, with accommodation at the Teddington Travelodge.
A map showing where the round 2 competitors came from.
[click on the picture for higher quality]
(back) Patrick Kenny, Harry Goodhew, Alastair Carr, Omri Faraggi, Daniel Pitt, Samuel Heath, Walker Thompson
(middle) Theo Tindall, Gabriel Penn, Oliver Sayeed, Philip Dinenis, Henry Miller (in Rab jacket)
(seated) Neema Kotonya, Elysia Warner, Phillip Zealley, Ben Singer
Round 2 results. The following eight competitors have been selected to comprise the two teams that the UK will send to the International Linguistics Olympiad:
- Omri Faraggi, Abingdon School
- Harry Goodhew, Dulwich College
- Samuel Heath, Manchester Grammar School
- Neema Kotonya, Lancaster Girls’ Grammar school
- Daniel Pitt, Harrow School
- Oliver Sayeed, Abingdon School
- Theo Tindall, Westminster School
- Elysia Warner, Burgess Hill School for Girls
Congratulations to them all, and good luck in the international competition!
International Linguistics Olympiad
Date and place: 22-26 July in Manchester – we’re the hosts! For more details, click here.
For results and pictures, click here.
Archive of messages
For an archive of all the messages broadcast by UKLO to all registered teachers during the 2012-13 season, click here.