UKLO Round 2 2015
Date and place: 20-22 March at Somerville College, Oxford.
This is an annual event with an established pattern, so the fine details of last year’s Round 2 are very similar to this year’s and can be taken as a guide while you’re waiting for this year’s details to be announced.
Costs: thanks to generous support from the host college and from UKLO’s financial supporters, the event is completely free to both the competitors and their schools. Competitors normally pay for travel but travel bursaries are available for those who can make a case (to Dick Hudson).
Most of the tutors have been tutors in previous years:
- Neil Sheldon (Senior Master at Manchester Grammar School, recently retired; tutor and chaperone for international olympiads since 2010)
- Graeme Trousdale (Senior Lecturer at Edinburgh University, tutor since 2010)
- Nathan Somers (undergraduate at Oxford University and member of the UK team in 2010)
- Elysia Warner (undergraduate at Cambridge University and member of the UK team in 2014)
- Oliver Sayeed (undergraduate at Cambridge University and member of the UK team in 2014)
Here’s the final programme.
And the winners …..
And all the participants (courtesy of Isabelle Depiot)