International Linguistics Olympiad 2020
Notice: the 2020 International Linguistics Olympiad has been cancelled because of Covid-19.
- Was: Ventspils, Latvia
- Was: 20-24 July 2020
Here’s the squad of eight who were the top performers in Round 2:
- Adrian Sahani (Westminster School)
- *Benedict Randall Shaw (Westminster School)
- *Hari Prasad (The Perse School, Cambridge)
- *Kilian Meissner (The Perse School, Cambridge)
- Robbie Bennett (Thomas Hardye School)
- *Sam Corner Exeter (Mathematics School)
- *Simeon Hellsten (Bournemouth School)
- Soren Choi (Westminster School)
Those who represented the UK in previous IOL competitions are marked *.
In the absence of an international competition, we ran a local one for our selected squad. The challenge was to write a problem, and the winner was chosen by all the competitors plus a jury. Four competitors (listed below) wrote a problem, and Benedict was declared the winner, with Simeon as runner-up. However, the jury were impressed by all four problems and congratulate all their authors. For the time being, we’re keeping all the problems out of the public domain.
- 1. Benedict Randall Shaw
- 2. Simeon Hellsten
- 3=. Hari Prasad
- 3=. Robbie Bennett